Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Soccer program. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating players, and instructing players in game strategies and techniques.
1. Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and
techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
3. Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head Soccer coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining game strategy.
5. Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
9. Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
10. Assists the head coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
11. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and community events.
12. Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
13. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
Performs any other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school representatives, parents, and players.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time;
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Assistant Coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head Soccer Coach or the Chair of the program.