This year MY Project USA is organizing various programs to address both short-term and long-term needs of Muslim youth and families that are challenged financially in our local community. There are 10 different ways for you to help us through your Zakat, Sadaqa or other donations. All donations are Tax Exempted.
1. Feed the homeless and needy - $ 10 /meal
2. Send Eid Gifts, Clothes, Shoes - $15-25/ Item
3. Sponsor Ramadan Food Basket - $50/Basket
4. Help the Survivors of Sex-Trafficking, Gangs, etc.
5. Shelter a homeless/abused sister
6. Pay for a Youth/Family Therapy
7. Sponsor a Mentor to provide free Mentor Services to Eligible Youth
8. Educate a Parent— Pay for ESL & Parenting Workshops
9. Adopt a Youth Leader—Pay for Leadership Camps & Other Activities
10. Support General Relief Fund to address these and other needs.
This Ramadan: Share Your Blessings
Volunteer/Donate to Support Food/Toys Drive & Other Initiatives
Ramadan Starter Food Basket For Eligible Families
MY Team Leaders: Khadijah Ibrahim, Oumou Fofana, Kiin Aweis
May 21st - July 17th, 2015
In the first week of Ramadan, MY Leaders are aiming to deliver these baskets to eligible families. You may contribute money or bring us non-perishable, packed food items. The estimated cost of a basket is $50. You may contribute any amount.
· Flour 5 –10 lbs/pack
· Basmati Rice 5 -10 lbs/bag
· Sugar 5 lbs/bag
· Vegetable Oil 2 –5 liter/can
· Dates 2 lbs/package
· Canned Vegetables/Fruits
· Tang / Vimto/Powdered Drinks
· Custard Powder/Halal Jello
For More Info: Join Us on Facebook
Daily Iftaar Meal for Homeless and Needy Individuals - $10/meal
Throughout the Ramadan, MY Leaders are planning to distribute Iftaar boxes to homeless and needy individuals in selected Columbus neighborhoods. You may provide cooked food or can give us donation to buy food. We also need volunteers to help us.
For Daily Updates: Join Us on Facebook
MY Team Leaders: Bintou Fofana, Fadumo Abdullahi, Fardowsa Mohamed